Friday, November 6, 2015

Watching Brene Brown's TED Talks


I know we all don't have a lot of time in our lives. This is more than worth your time. I was asked this week in group therapy to listen to two of Brene Brown's TED talks. I have been reading her book, Gifts of an Imperfectionist, and she has truly influenced me. Her ideas are so deep it takes me a while to wrap my head around them. I'm still not there. The idea of loving wholeheartedly and what that means really is beautiful. She also talks about shame in a way that shows that it's not just for abuse victims, addicts, and those struggling in life but all of us experience shame. 

I know forty minutes is a lot of time. Each video is 20 minutes. Take time while getting ready in the morning or driving to hear what she has to say. I have had several people tell me they feel like they are "stalking" me because they feel like what I have to say is important. I feel like it to. Even if I help one person understand something they need in life it was worth sharing. Brene Brown puts the words I want to share about shame in a humorous and daring way. I've watched these videos several times and even shared them with Jaren. I hope they have an impact on you like they have on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment