Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Mom's Work is Never Done

I said a few days ago, I left a job I deeply loved to be a mom.  It is the most important of work to be a mom but... it is so hard! You want to talk about teacher's pay being crappy, lets talk about mom pay. Yes I understand you get paid in cute cuddles and laughs and the reality that you get to be the one that raises your child but holy moly! It's like a never ending job of cleaning, crying, and like my lovely friend put it, "A race to nap time and bedtime." I know what you are thinking though, " But Tess this is what you wanted." "But Tess you finally have some time for you and your family." Don't but Tess me. I don't think I realized what I left. I left a job I loved and I think I was pretty great at. For a job that's a crazy race to make sure me and my child survive by the end of the day. I even have extra adorable children who I adore. Porter by far is the hardest. Just this morning he broke a lamp and broke my beautiful eco-wooden flowers by pulling them in small pieces.... that was just while I cooked breakfast. 

Being a mom is hard and there is no scale to say you are doing it right or to say my child will be okay. Not only to be okay though but to be a wonderful young man, critical thinker, caring and gentle yet brave and tough... the list goes on and on. Talk about the pressure from the world. Especially with social media today telling you what a horrible job you are doing all along the way. Being a mom isn't easy and I believe each and everyone of is is trying our absolute hardest to make sure that we raise these great kids. Don't feed them unhealthy, breast is best, no screen time, ect. ect. 

So what!? I think we all try to be great parents and so what if at the dinner table if my toddler is out of control I let him watch Elmo until our food comes. So what if I decide for myself what is best for myself and my current situation. Don't glare at me, don't judge or condone me. I don't have time to do it to you.. I'm too busy trying to handle my son, who is anything but a calm child. I think every parent was given a child that challenges them. I don't know what Heavenly Father thinks I can handle but it must be a whole lot. So don't judge me while I am parenting how I see best. I don't have time to judge you. In fact let's do something else instead. Help and build each other. See a mom wrestling her kids in the grocery store by the candy isle tell her she's pretty or great job mama. Every mom deserves to hear she is amazing and wonderful. She brought a little being to the Earth and it's hard. I challenge everyone who reads this to say something nice today. Whether it's in a Facebook
 post, message, or to someones face- just tell us we are doing great. You will never know what person needs to hear it. 
Ps. I have not had anyone tear my down but I see too much of it in social media. When you see other people judge moms you immediately judge yourself. How am I doing? What if I made a mistake like that? I can't live in judgment of myself anymore and I want to lift others up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment