Monday, April 18, 2016

Be Careful with your Words

Be careful what you say. Your words can make or break someone. I've been working on what I say lately. Trying to get rid of the negative and let in the positive. It feels like a foreign language. I've talked to my class all the time about how words have affected me. 

I still have extreme anxiety attacks when someone criticizes or teases me. Even if it's silly, even if I know it's not true. I struggle so much with knowing my own self worth. I am getting better about it everyday. 

I tell my students, you don't want to be the person that person thinks of when they remember something mean. I know I don't. Being cautious with what you say is an attribute of a strong person. Everyone makes mistakes be patient but start with a mindset that you want to make others around you happy. 

I'm changing my words and changing my life. My child's inner voice is my voice. I don't want him to treat himself the way I have treated myself. He deserves so much more. Everyone does. Say kind words to others and especially to yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment